Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Things I never thought I would miss

So while I was down with a broken foot, cast and crutches to boot, I wasn't able to do my normal routine and chores. I had to rely heavily on my kids. It was miserable. They had lots of extra inside chores plus helping with daily chicken chores. The kids are slightly afraid of the rooster. He tends to be aggressive. So that complicated things towards the end. But we got thru it. But this week I've been back out there with them. Giving them (the chickens) supervised outside time. Meaning out of the chicken run. They love it!  The scratch and peck and chase grasshoppers. It's wonderful to just watch them. I've gotten used to seeing them and interacting with them. And I missed them while I was down. It's good to know that I love my "chores" so much that I want to do them. I wake up excited to see the chickens each morning. I look forward to our upcoming move where we will add many more animals to our life. We have the new coop all planned out. Just waiting on a closing date. Once the papers are signed we are building the coop. Don't worry I will update when we have a date. Because I know there's oh so many people reading my blog. Thinking purple for the coop color. But we shall see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment