Thursday, August 7, 2014

Never a dull moment

Farming is not for the weak that is for sure.  We aren't even on our own property yet and it's never dull around here LOL.  So about 8 weeks ago I broke my foot.  Not the most fun thing this summer.  So the kids have been helping me with chicken chores.  Letting them out, putting them away, filling water, stuff like that.  Hubby cleans the coop each weekend for me.  Well being on crutches I can't get to the coop very well.  So I asked the kids to check the feed and make sure the chickens had food.  I should have checked myself :(.  They were completely out tonight.  So I needed to make a last minute run (remember that whole going to town is a drive post?) to the tractor supply for chicken feed.  I also was taking the car to show someone interested in buying.  So it worked out and wasn't a complete waste of gas.  But wow that stunk.  The chickens were so happy when we got home and filled the feeder.  Well actually the BIL filled it for me and filled the water inside the coop. 

On a not farm related note, I also got melted chocolate in my clean purse and found that the van has a flat tire.  Never a dull moment around here :).

No comments:

Post a Comment