Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The journey thus far

So a year ago in July we packed up our house and moved to Texas from Washington.  It's been a journey for sure.  Lots of lessons learned and lots to learn.  Today the hubby suggested I document all we have learned and then document what we learn as we journey to a self sufficient homesteading lifestyle.  So while I'm not great at keep up on this stuff, I'm going to try my best.  Things I hope to post is the start and improvements to the new property, new recipes, new animals, and just anything that helps us move to a self sufficient lifestyle.  I know there are plenty of blog and sites out there that do this.  I'm not planning a following this is just so we can look at where we started and where we are. 
Events of the last year....
July 2013 moved into rental house in TX.
Dec 2013 moved onto family land in our own manufactured home.
August 2014 moving to our own land 40 acres.  Same general area but our own place.

This has been a crazy year.  We have learned a lot.  We will be moving our 11 chickens to our new property.  I will of course be posting pictures of the new coop and run.  Next week I hope to post some pictures of the new property so that we can see how it changes over the years ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment