Thursday, July 31, 2014

Farm name

So I will probably change the name of the blog to reflect the name of the farm.  We will register all of our animal herds and get our brand registered in our counties.  It's kind of exciting really :).  I texted the hubby and told him what I was thinking and that it wasn't really fitting.  It didn't really work.  So he started throwing out ideas.  And it got the thinking started.  Then I thought what about 5 Blessings Farm??  Hubby loved it, I loved it and bam a farm name was born :).  So far it doesn't seem to be used in our counties.  Hope to design a brand 5B.  We can also tag the animals that can be branded it looks like.  I'm still learning so more to come on that.  There isn't a statewide registry so I just have to worry about our county.

I also started the process to sign my oldest up for 4H.  Sounds like we will be doing breeding bunnies since she won't want to part with her first show bunny LOL.  We can register her in two weeks.  She is so excited and they are so helpful at the 4H office.  It will also help with the ag exemption.

No comments:

Post a Comment