Saturday, August 29, 2015

Zucchini Relish and Canning



In July I made zucchini relish and it has been a big hit around here. It's not the only thing we canned though. We were blessed with cucumbers and while the sweet pickles didn't turn out good the bread and butter pickles are great. My apple butter has been a huge hit among everyone who has tried it. The strawberry syrup is my favorite for waffles. And the white chocolate raspberry jam is Linda's favorite lunch snack. It's been a great first year of growing and canning. Hubby loves the salsa I've been making and canning. 12 jars gone in just 6 weeks lol. Granted all half pints but still he is the only one eating them. We have tomatoes in the freezer that I hope to can later this fall and more cucumbers to make more bread and butter pickles with.  And thankfully the time is coming for a fall garden to be planted.

No comments:

Post a Comment