Friday, June 26, 2015

Garden love

I am loving our garden.  I've killed alot of it :) but I've had some success too.  I'm thrilled with our zucchini plant that is doing well.  I've learned I can plant more so I will be doing that tonight when I go out.  I already cleaned out the bed that was killed by grasshoppers.  The picture with this post is my zucchini.  I joined a facebook group for Texas small farms and homesteads and I have learned a bunch.  So glad I looked around.  The cucumber seems to be trying to start producing so I look forward to that.  Oh and the pumpkin patch has taken off.  So yeah I won't get enough to can this year but I am hopeful that in years to come my little garden will provide nummy food for the family.  For now we will enjoy fresh zucchini bread a couple times a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment